The sections below outline our policy with specific regard to the Content Hub offering and are not applicable to the software platform or any other product/service that we offer. If you decide to place an order with us for any of our content services offerings, then you agree to all the terms below. Please note that Syptus reserves the right to change any and all of the conditions below without notice.
- As part of your content brief, please provide a summary of your content requirement. If we have to come up with content ideas, then additional fees will apply. At the minimum, we need a topic and optionally some keywords that wish you target.
- Once the engagement starts, we will provide an outline for each idea. You must formally approve an outline before we start writing content.
- The service fee does not include providing content ideas. These are charged separately and will need to be clarified on a per-article basis unless otherwise agreed with Syptus. For example, if you only have a list of keywords but no specific content ideas, then we could provide these for an additional fee.
Turnaround times for the first draft of content projects will vary with every engagement with a minimum of 2 business days’ lead time. The final delivery will depend upon the nature of the revision request and also the time it takes the Client to provide feedback. Specific times for delivery of initial draft will be mentioned clearly at the time of raising an invoice.
All content items come with 3 revisions (Draft1, Draft2, Draft3) based on the agreed content outline. If there is an exception to this clause, it will be clearly stated on the specific content quote.
The specific nature of revisions that we entertain would depend upon the nature of original request but in principle, we work with the aim of providing ultimate Client satisfaction and will cater to most reasonable requests. Notwithstanding this, however, the following items need to be noted-
- Revisions will be limited to the context and information provided as part of the original content request and the agreed content outline. Information that is not signed-off as part of the original content outline will be deemed as out-of-scope and be charged at $100/hr. The billable and elapsed time estimates for revision will both be provided to Client in writing.
- Revision requests will only be entertained within 21 calendar days of project start. We cap our delivery time for each draft to 7 calendar days which means that there should be plenty of time to review and request changes if schedules are duly followed. Unless explicitly stated by Syptus, an article will be deemed delivered if the Client fails to approve it within 21 calendar days of project start.
- All revision request must specifically outline the change requests along with comments. All generic requests with ‘this is not what I expected’ style comments will be ignored.
The client owns all IP to the content unless it has not been paid for. Syptus explicitly revokes any rights to the content that we create as part of your order. We will not resell this content to anyone. Any supporting collateral used as part of your content will be either royalty free or have the explicit permission of the legal owner. Once you take delivery, you are free to modify the content as you deem fit.
Commitment of originality
Syptus guarantees all content produced by us to be 100% original. While we do quote links to appropriate references, all such mentions are duly credited.
Fees and Payment
- For ad-hoc articles costing under $300, full payment is due in advanced before we start work.
- For ad-hoc articles above $300, 50% payment becomes due when Client accepts the quote. Remaining 50% must be paid before final content is delivered.
- For monthly plans, 50% of the monthly payment is due at the start of a billing cycle. Remaining amount becomes due on the last day of the billing cycle. For example, if a contract is agreed for $1000/month and is started on 14th of July, then the first $500 will be due immediately and must be cleared before work can commence. The remaining $500 will become due on the 14th of August (1 month from start of the billing cycle).
- Any advance payment made is non-refundable.
- Syptus reserves the right to suspend work or end the contract if any part of a due payment is not released in a timely manner.
- A late fee of 10% of the outstanding amount will be applied for every week(or part thereof) of unpaid dues.
Our fair and transparent process involves providing a content outline for every content item that we work on. This allows the Client to ascertain our understanding of the context and get a fairly detailed idea of the final outcome. Once the outline is submitted, Client may request a change(only one change request allowed) to it in order to better align delivery with original intent. All outlines must be approved within 2 business days of the submission or the project will be deemed closed on account of no response. In general, we do not offer refunds for closed projects although we might be willing to issue partial refunds depending upon the time already spent. If approval of content outlines is delayed, it will impact the delivery timeline of final content. The expected turnaround time for each content item will be clearly mentioned on the individual content invoice(if different from the timelines outlined in sections above).
Content outlines are used for a purpose. Do NOT ignore them.
Right to refusal
Syptus maintains an active network of technology professionals to create content. In some cases though, we might not have the capability to execute certain content requests. If this is the case, we reserve the right to refuse servicing of a content brief before taking any payment.
Syptus does not offer any refunds. If for any reason, the Client feels that the content deviates from the original outline, then the Client must submit a revision request in line with the revision clause above.
Either party may terminate the agreement with no less than 7 calendar days’ written notice which may be communicated by email. Any outstanding payments due to Syptus will still remain payable if an agreement is terminated.
We work with the best and most sought-after Engineers, Consultants and SMEs in the industry. Building this competency takes both time and investment and is a critical component of our business model. We explicitly disallow any attempts by the Client to obtain personal contact information about any of our writers. At the same time, all our Writers are carefully vetted and sign NDAs that help protect our Clients’ proprietary IP.
The only exception to this clause is for large Enterprise engagements where our Writers work directly with Client team members. In any case, the Client explicitly confirms to not contact any of our Writers without written permission from Syptus.
Limitation of liability
Syptus WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OR INCREASED EXPENSE OF USE CLIENT OR ANY THIRD PARTY INCURS), WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR STRICT LIABILITY, EVEN IF Syptus HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LIABILITIES. Syptus IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY DELIVERABLE FROM SYPTUS. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AMOUNT CLIENT MAY RECOVER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL PAYMENTS MADE TO Syptus BY CLIENT PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT IN THE IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THREE (3) MONTHS.
Confidential and Proprietary Information
Each party agrees that all know-how, business, technical and financial information it obtains (“Receiving Party”) from the disclosing party (“Disclosing Party”) constitute the confidential property of the Disclosing Party (“Confidential Information”), provided that it is identified as confidential at the time of disclosure or should be reasonably known by the Receiving Party to be Confidential Information due to the nature of the information disclosed and the circumstances surrounding the disclosure. Except as may be necessary to perform its obligations under this Agreement, the Receiving Party will hold in confidence and not use or disclose any Confidential Information. The Receiving Party ’s nondisclosure obligation shall not apply to information that: (i) was known to it prior to receipt of the Confidential Information; (ii) is publicly available; (iii) is rightfully obtained by the Receiving Party from a third party; (iv) is independently developed by employees of the Receiving Party; or (v) is required to be disclosed pursuant to a regulation, law or court order.
Syptus shall maintain the confidentiality of information in its possession regarding individual protected health information in accordance with applicable law, and shall not release such information, to any other person or entity, except as required by law.
Waiver and Severability
Waiver or failure by either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for in the Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of any further right under this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement (except for a failure to pay fees) if the delay or failure is due to unforeseen events which are beyond the reasonable control of such party, such as strikes, blockade, war, terrorism, riots, natural disasters, and/or refusal of license by the government, insofar as such an event prevents or delays the affected party from fulfilling its obligations and such party is not able to prevent or remove the force majeure at reasonable cost.